St. Anne's Primary School


Go to content

Our History

Our School

St Anne's Primary School - 1958 to present

The school officially opened on the 22nd February, 1959. It cost £66,000. The convent was responsible for £8,000. The sisters got a loan from the bank and agreed to pay them back over a number of years. The boundary wall between the church and the school grounds was paid for almost completely by the parishioners. The Department of Education paid for the rest.

School Catchment Area - The natural catchment area for the school is the town and parish of Rathkeale. The pupils come from the communities of Rathkeale with others from areas bordering other parishes.




Home Page | Our School | Activities | Music/Sport | Parents Zone | Calendar | Classes | Links | Visit Us | Latest News | Site Map


Back to content | Back to main menu